The Our Lady of Peace Council is located at Cure' of Ars Roman Catholic Church in Leawood, Kansas at 9401 Mission Road. The church is located north of the intersection of Mission Road and
95th Street. The Grand Knight for 2015-2016 is Don Catron. You can
contact the Knights by phone at (913) 649-1337, or by email at
The monthly membership and business meeting is held in the Father Burak room in the church or in the parish CLC house (across from the church at 9360 Mission Rd.) on the fourth Tuesday evening of each month. The meetings begin at 7:00 p.m., with social hour beginning at 6:00 p.m.
The Our Lady of Peace Council was founded April 25, 1988 through the efforts of the parishioners of Cure' of Ars. It was named after Pope Paul VI declared the Blessed Virgin Mary under the Our Lady of Peace title patron of El Salvador in an Apostolic Letter of October 10, 1966. In the parish church of St. Michael, in the City of San Salvador, there is an ancient statue of the Virgin Mary holding an olive
branch which, according to some accounts, was brought there from a shipwreck. In September 1787, the inhabitants of the city attributed to the statue their safety when threatened by a volcanic eruption, and the Virgin has also been looked upon as a model of peace among warring factions in that country's times of troubles. The Cure' of Ars Our Lady of Peace Council carries on with the devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ in working closely with the Cure' of Ars Parish in Leawood, Kansas providing funds for various projects and with members being active
participants in their parish community development.